This week’s ressources are related to the key role of leadership for the digital transformation and about the exponential progression of technology that implies a further rethinking of the pace of the running projects for the transformation towards a digital workplace and the future of work.
- Rawn Shah: Evolving Enterprise Collaboration To Digital Ecosystems – “This social machine technology itself has evolved over time across the industry, as shown in my closing keynote on this evolution, bringing together ideas from future casting, market networks and the state of enterprise collaboration software.”
- Linda A. HillKent Lineback: 3 Things Managers Should Be Doing Every Day – Three things that are the building blocks for good leadership – especially in times of change – are 1) Building trust. 2) Building a real team and managing through it. 3) Building a network.
- Clint Boulton: New CTO role at Starbucks reflects rise of digital business | CIO – “‘As we continue to shape our global technology agenda at Starbucks, we needed leadership talent with deep experience in cloud, big data analytics, mobile and security to take us to the next level,’ Kevin Johnson, Starbucks president and chief operating officer, said in a statement.”
- Daniel Newman: Digital Transformation Isn’t Just a Technology Thing, It’s a People Thing – Millennial CEO – This article gives three key recommendations that we also had been discussion at IOM SUMMIT: 1) Find the Right Tools (Integration Fokus!), 2) Proper Training is the Key (Digital Enablement Fokus!), 3) Leadership Needs to Show’em How it’s Done (Active Leadership as Change Fokus!)
- Frank Diana: Digital Transformation of Business and Society — Medium – The future is here closer than we might think of – “Because of exponential progression, it is difficult to imagine the world in 5 years, and although the industrial era was impactful, it will not compare to what lies ahead. The danger of vastly under-estimating the sheer velocity of change is real.”
- Michael Yamnitsky: AI Is About To Go Mainstream And Reshape The Workplace – Freeing our daily working time from unproductive organisation of itself with “AI-powered apps are software capable of performing higher-order tasks associated with the work of educated office workers. With narrowly focused “brains” optimized to perform a particular task within a narrow domain, AI-powered apps can schedule your business meetings, answer common customer requests and notify you that your connecting flight is delayed by 20 minutes when you thought you had 5 minutes to sprint to the gate.”
Latest posts by Bjoern Negelmann (see all)
- IOM SUMMIT kommt in der TechEdition – weil die Digital Workplace Technologie erneut im Umbruch ist! - 04/04/2017
- Digitale Kollaboration ist das “New Normal” – ihre Umsetzung in Plattformen und Organisation aber noch lange nicht! #cebiteda - 22/01/2017
- Technologische Integration am Digital Workplace braucht eine tiefergehende Diskussion - 28/10/2016