The event created quite some buzz around the hashtag of “#futureofsharepoint“. Daniel Glenn captured and analyzed the comments in his blog:
In the aftermath of the event quite a number of people have published reviews and wrap-ups of the news around SharePoint 2016.
For our “Essential Reading” post we have collected some key contributions:
- The Future of SharePoint – Official blog post by the SharePoint team on the “four key pillars of the SharePoint 2016” update with (1) simple and powerful file sharing and collaboration on any device, (2) an mobile app and the integration of PowerApps and Microsoft Flow for a more automated and intelligent intranet, (3) a new SharePoint Framework as open and connected platform and client-side programming enhancements, and (4) some security, privacy and compliance features.
- List of demo videos of the new SharePoint 2016 functionality by Microsoft Mechanics
- Thoughts About The Future of SharePoint by Michael Sampson – stating: “I liked what I heard today, but overall I’d say the event would have been better called “the catchup of SharePoint” rather than “the future of SharePoint” (clearly I’d never get a job in marketing). It’s nice to know SharePoint has a future, and it was good to see what’s coming, but a lot of what was profiled addressed long-standing issues with SharePoint, rather than announcing revolutionary innovations to drive the offering forward as one component of the much greater picture that is Office 365.”
- With New Enhancements, Microsoft Partners Declare SharePoint Is Roaring Back – All the SharePoint enhancements Microsoft is unveiling on Wednesday effectively mean that the platform is back as a substantial business opportunity for the Microsoft ecosystem, partners say.
Latest posts by Bjoern Negelmann (see all)
- IOM SUMMIT kommt in der TechEdition – weil die Digital Workplace Technologie erneut im Umbruch ist! - 04/04/2017
- Digitale Kollaboration ist das “New Normal” – ihre Umsetzung in Plattformen und Organisation aber noch lange nicht! #cebiteda - 22/01/2017
- Technologische Integration am Digital Workplace braucht eine tiefergehende Diskussion - 28/10/2016